Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

pie

I know, it's been forever since my last post. I have been busy wrapping up the end of the school year, and have been on the road traveling across the US for the past couple of weeks. Still, no excuse! I just wanted to update about the most delicious slice of pie I had the other day. My friend and I were driving through Santa Fe, New Mexico, and wanted to check out the Tune-Up Cafe (tried linking their website, but there seems to be an error). This little Tex Mex joint was featured on Guy Fieri's DDD. I found the food to be meh, but boy were their desserts good! I had a slice of their strawberry rhubarb pie a la mode. This pie is available 7 days a week, so you know it has to be good. The flavor was amazing; both sweet and tart. And the ice cream that was melting all over it due to the warmth of the pie made it that much tastier. I also took one of their humongous Mexican Wedding Cookies to go. They were the size of softballs!! The cookie was also awesome! It crumbled and had a shortbread texture. It was filled with pecans, and had wonderful flavor. Honestly, I could have just ordered their dessert and been completely satisfied... If you're ever in New Mexico, you need to stop by here for their dessert.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio