Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer Shenanigans

Dear Friends,

I am incredibly sorry for having neglected you and my blog this summer! It has just been CRAY CRAY with the end of the school year and the beginning of summer school. I promise to make it up to you with a post of what shenanigans I've been up to!

As the school year came to a close, our district's summer enrichment program was just getting started. I signed up to teach 4 periods this summer: arts & crafts, 2 origami classes, and my personal favorite, a cake pops class. My class was such a hit, that it was completely filled up! I had my reservations at first with this one... I wasn't sure if the youngsters could handle it; I wasn't sure if I could handle it! Crumbling cake, melting chocolate, mixing frosting, shaping cake, dipping, decorating, sheesh it sounded like a nightmare! I was pleasantly surprised by my students and their abilities. They did such a fantastic job this summer, I thought I'd share their amazing creations!



- Watermelon Cake Pop -


- Chick Cake Pop -


- Dr. Seuss' "The Lorax" Truffula Tree Cake Pop -


- Monster's U Mike Wazowski Cake Pop -




 and... my personal favorite from this summer~


- Despicable Me 2 Minion Cake Pop -


Needless to say, I was SUPER proud of my students! Didn't they come out awesome?!?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio