Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

California Adventure Part 2: Donuts

Donuts... Fried dough topped with sugary sweetness... I don't do a lot of deep frying at home. Honestly, if I were to witness the process of my favorite foods being fried, I probably wouldn't eat them as much. HAHA! Who am I kidding!? I encountered many different kinds of donuts on my trip to LA; from the simple glazed donuts you see at your local bakeshop to the not-so-common bacon-topped one.

Here's Part 2:
Cafe Dulce, 134 Japanese Village Plaza, Bldg. E Los Angeles, CA 90012
While my friend, JJ, was hard at work treating patients and saving lives, I took her car and drove to Little Tokyo in Downtown Los Angeles. In search for a sweet snack, I stumbled upon Cafe Dulce. What really intrigued me about this little cafe, was the assortment of donuts they had on display. As a lover of sugary kid's cereal, the Fruity Pebbles-topped donut caught my eye. Sitting right next to it was a similar donut topped with bacon pieces. Yup, bacon pieces. I'm the type that dips my bacon into my maple syrup, so this was right up my alley. Moving down the line, I saw a green tea donut rolled in sugar. And next to that one was a pillow-looking bun with chestnuts on top. Naturally, I purchased all 4... The dough was pillow-y and soft. The white glaze on the first two wasn't too sweet, which was great because the Fruity Pebbles would have sent it over the edge.


- Bacon and Fruity Pebbles -


- Green Tea -

- Chestnut Bun -



Part 2 Continued: Krispy Kreme, 1231 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, California 90403
My last meal in California was at Krispy Kreme. The closest one to me at home is kinda of a pain to get to, and also happens to be underground (Penn Station, NYC). There's something about having Krispy Kremes from the actual store... So, I had 2 before I went to the airport, overlooking the Pacific Ocean one last time.


- Breakfast of Champions! -

2 comments:

Ms Kim said...

looks so delish! your commentary also makes me drool

Christine said...

ahhh i loooooove donuts!! Food Wars please!!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio