Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sprinkles NYC*

YES, it's true! Sprinkles, the first cupcakery ever, has arrived in NYC. OK, so it's been a couple of months since they opened, but I finally got around to it a couple of weeks ago. As expected, the place was busy busy. My Californian friends have been telling me, "you have to try Sprinkles" and "Sprinkles is the best" for years now, so I was extremely excited to see what the big deal was about these specific cupcakes. With over 20 different cupcake flavors, it was really hard for me to choose just a couple to sample. Believe me, if I could, I would have bought all of them right then and there, but these babies are expensive! At $3.50 a pop, it was quite a purchase just getting 4 of them.


- my first Sprinkles experience -


Yes... I got 4. 4!!! All for myself... The first one I decided to dive into was the red velvet. o...m...g... The cake was so moist and the frosting was so cream cheesy. The cake was also such a beautiful deep red color. The next one I tried was the carrot. There were strips of carrot all throughout the cake and it was topped with cream cheese frosting with vanilla bean in it. I also tried the cherry. The cake part was white, which confused me a little. So I thought all the cherry flavor would be in the frosting alone, but I was so wrong. That was totally a cherry cake topped with perfectly pink frosting. At this point, I was waaaay too sugar high to try another, so I passed on the black and white. All of the cakes were incredibly moist and the frosting was deliciously sweet (although borderline too sweet). These cupcakes are totally not for those who want to watch their weight. You could taste the yummy buttery-ness in the cakes. One would have been more than enough, but as you can see I had at least 2.5. My calorie counter was not pleased with me that day, with each cupcake weighing in at over 400 calories. Were they worth the 1,000 calories and $14? Thumbs UP! Will I be visiting here often? Not every day...  :)


from top left, clockwise: cherry, black and white, carrot, red velvet


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio