Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Bon Voyage, Wangs

Bon Voyage was the theme of my next baking endeavor. Ulysses and his adorable family are moving away, far away, to the other side of the country. This is incredibly sad for me because I happen to adore his wife and two children. Even though it was difficult to say goodbye, I know that there are greater things in store for them in their new life abroad! I was asked to bake mini cupcakes for a little Bon Voyage shindig for the Wangs. Feeling inspired from my previous post, I also decided to bake some sugar cookies to go along with the theme.



mini vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting

I made the little cupcake toppers myself! I just folded tiny paper airplanes and cut out small clouds. I then hot glue gunned toothpicks to them and stuck them right on top. I picked airplanes and clouds and skies as part of the Bon Voyage theme, because what else symbolizes travel more than an airplane??



I was going to make suitcase cookies, but I thought the letters would be a cuter touch. These came out very nice and sweet! 

I will miss you, Wang family! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio