Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Tea Bag Cookies

Remember my cousin, Jayne? The one who is getting married in, oh my gosh, 1 week? She had her bridal shower today at The Plaza Hotel. Her maid of honor asked me to make her some favors for the shower, and since it was a tea party, I set out to make some tea bag-shaped cookies. I googled some ideas and saw lots of cute cookies in the shape of tea bags! That's the design I went with.

For the cookies, I used my go-to sugar cookie recipe. You're going to need a pretty sturdy cookie so that it doesn't break on you when you dip it in chocolate (I used dark chocolate) and also when you add the twine. Some of the cookies I saw online were a shortbread, so you can totally use those, too. I punched out tiny holes near the top using a coffee stirrer, and then added some baker's twine to make it look like a real teabag!





I had the help of my friend, Crafty Song and Haej, who made the adorable tea bag favor boxes. Here they are all wrapped up and ready to go!

I had a great time at my cousin's bridal shower! There were so many yummy things to eat! I felt like I had to share some pictures of the event...




YAY to family time and fancy tea parties!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio