Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Esther's Bridal Shower

This was THE busiest wedding season ever!!! I attended 3 weddings, 3 bridal showers, and baked for 2 showers. Yes, I am wedding-ed out and broke... but I am incredibly happy for every single one of those couples!!!

Kicking off the wedding season was Esther's bridal shower. Esther is a friend I met in college. All of her bridesmaids are friends from school as well, so I was more than willing when they asked me to bake for her shower! This was to be a surprise shower at the bride-to-be's aunt's house. The bridesmaids did such a wonderful job putting this shower together. The attention to small details was not overlooked, ladies! Here are some pictures from the special day (photo credits: craftysong)



- chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream and sparkling sugar -


The bridesmaids wanted a small cake that would be the main focus of their dessert table. I always loved the look of big piped rosettes all over a cake. I also liked the idea of an ombre cake, so I decided to put these two ideas together an make an ombre rosette cake. Lavender was the color palette, so I went with 3 shades of purple. One of the bridesmaids made an adorable bunting banner cake topper. I'm really happy with how the cake came out!




- purple ombre rosette cake -



- beautiful dessert table -


Congratulations, Esther & Marcus!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio